Utilities and Facilities Engineer
This job post is currently not available.
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster Singapore Manufacturing’s Engineering team and contribute to the overall site mission and objectives. You are responsible for operation and maintenance of all clean and black utilities, water system, HVAC and various facilities equipment including fire protection system. This position will involve the startup phase, liaising with the engineering firm on the design and construction of the facility, ensuring that the installations comply to safety guidelines, design intent and quality standards are met.
Primary work location: Changi, Singapore
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
- Responsible for plant utilities operation and facilities maintenance (HVAC, electrical system, water system, infrastructure services) within regulatory guidelines and good engineering practice context.
- Plan and support resources to operate utilities and ensure 24 X 7 continuous system operation to support plant activities.
- Execute and implement an effective maintenance and operation program, work prioritization, complying with operational and personnel standards, regulatory and statutory requirement to ensure efficient, reliable and uninterrupted plant operation.
- Ensure utilities and facilities is in safe operating environment by complying to all essential statutory requirement to protect our employee, equipment and the environment.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out according to site EHS procedures; and in compliance with global EHS procedures/standards.
- Ensure audit readiness by complying with effective standards, regulatory/statutory and cGMP requirement to protect product and prevent major compliance observation.
- Align with engineering department financial objectives through efficient utility operation, cost improvement actions and optimal expenditure options to gain cost competitiveness.
- Drive continuous improvement by providing recommendation and initiative to promote sustainability (energy & water), safety, maximize asset reliability and operational cost to drive operational excellence in utilities operation.
- Review and approve the utilities log sheets and work orders for compliance with quality requirement.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordination of maintenance activities with various departments to ensure agreed time slot, resources, parts and vendors are on site per schedule for maintenance work.
- Provide timely and efficient maintenance service with safe manner when rapid response to equipment failure is needed.
- Collaborate with Utilities operation and maintenance crew, to sustain safe, reliable and efficient utilities operations.
- Provide engineering support, organize and implement routine PM and yearly schedule shutdown.
- Lead the execution of maintenance activities with technicians through site work order system.
- Train and develop maintenance employees, upgrade their capability continuously.
- Assist maintenance manager to ensure maintenance team compliant with GMP requirement.
- Establish utilities operation procedures and maintenance programs to maintain compliance with regulatory codes, safety and budgetary requirements.
- Establish spare part list and effective inventory level to ensure maximum equipment uptime of Utilities System.
- Assist maintenance manager to manage out-source contractors.
- Manage operation and maintenance service contracts to ensure Utilities systems are operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory, quality, ESH and budgetary requirement to sustain safe, reliable and efficient utilities operations.
- Continue to optimize utilities equipment and enhance performance such as reduce downtime and service frequency.
- Drive/assess technical changes through Change Management Process.
- Lead Utilities operation and maintenance team in troubleshooting of Utilities Systems.
- Support maintenance technicians to address the failure analysis of equipment and raise the equipment reliability continuously.
- Lead/Participate in discrepancy management process, identify root cause, implement corrective & preventive measures and drive records for timely closure. Ensure CAPA is in place for any deviations to prevent future recurrence incident.
- Support Engineering, site expansion and other ad hoc projects.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree/Diploma in Chemical Process, Mechanical, Marine or Industrial Engineering with at least 5 years' relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/chemical industry.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in utilities operation and maintenance, troubleshooting and persistence able to resolve outstanding issues.
- Operating experience on chiller system, cooling tower, compressed air, diesel generator, cold room, warehouse environmental requirements, process gases, de-ionized water system, water for injection system, steam, waste water and bio-waste treatment plant.
- Expert knowledge of HVAC, central plant utility systems, Building management systems (BMS), Environment monitoring system (EMS) and clean room technology.
- Familiar and understand cGMP requirement for routine utilities and facility operation.
- Experience with start-up, commissioning and qualification of utilities equipment, including requirements for documentation and testing.
- Familiar with CMMS system in terms of setup of master data, work order execution, PM program and schedule, spare part management and tracking is an added advantage.
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with high computer literacy.
- Customer service orientated mindset and able to develop strong working relationships with internal customers.
- Able to plan and ensure uninterruptable utility supplies to the end user.
- Familiar with industrial/engineering/regulatory best practices, codes and standards.
- Willing to perform multiple and cross-functional tasks.
- During the start-up phase of the facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up the team and workflow/processes as well as expanded scope as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].