Research Assistant (Food)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Food Formulation and Development team and contribute towards the overall site mission and objectives. You will support food scientist in new product development, evaluation of formulated products, researching industry trends & new technology. The role will interact closely with other functions to provide expertise in new product development, ingredient and processing innovation to meet internal and external clients’ requirements in terms of product acceptability (flavour/texture) and nutrition.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
Reporting to: Food Scientist
- Participate in product development work involving various cooking and baking processes.
- Develop different textures and organoleptic properties in a variety of product prototypes for commercialization.
- Conduct food product development market research, ideation, formulation, rapid prototyping and sensory evaluation.
- Coordinate independent laboratory testing for nutrition analysis.
- Assist in upscaling processes & products from bench scale to pilot production.
- Analyze food ingredients and products using in-house instruments, or at an off-site location.
- Search for, read and summarise relevant literature articles.
- Source for vendors and suppliers and maintain good working relationship with them.
- Maintain equipment, upkeep lab safety and inventory.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Analyses and other documents necessary for data integrity and traceability as well as lab safety.
- Assist in any other activities as required by the company.
- Minimum Diploma in Food Chemistry, Food Technology and related fields.
- At least 1 year of working experience in the related field.
- Experience with conventional food processing, baking and cooking instruments and equipment.
- High level of ability to multi-task and yet ensure quality of work on different projects.
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Keen interest in pursuing a highly focused project and working efficiently to meet milestones.
- Comfortable to undertake routine and SOP-directed lab work.
- Be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in small team environment
- Have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail Oriented and have high standards in documentation.
- Good time management and pro-active attitude.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].