Research Officer/Research Assistant (Cellular Agriculture)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
This role requires the individual to be involved in large scale production of “cultured chicken” through cell culture of a certain fibroblastic cell line. The production will be undertaken in a facility compliant with the SFA guidelines and thus requires practices that are rigorous and consistent with these guidelines. Continuous batch production of the cultured chicken and ensuring consistent quality of the product is of utmost importance.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North
Reports to: Bioprocess Scientist – Cellular Agriculture
- Perform cell culture –focus on chicken embryo cells.
- Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale).
- Perform analysis of cell metabolites , medium components etc by Bioanalysis.
- Good trouble shooting ability with cell lines.
- Maintain accurate batch records and results following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately.
- Communicate effectively with client staff members and provide updates on the progress of the project.
- Liaise with vendors and third party testing labs to procure materials and obtain test results in a timely manner.
- Support product and service sales in application, marketing content and quotations.
- Undertake tasks assigned by Team leader as and when appropriate.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Be involved and contribute to creation of protocols and technical reports.
- At least 1-2 years related laboratory experience including aseptic and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Microbiology/Cell biology Background
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills and experience with automation
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Good presentation skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition
- BSC graduate in Biology or related science and 1-2 Years mammalian cell culture experience
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].