Bioprocess Scientist (Cellular Agriculture)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
This role requires the individual to be involved in large scale production of “cultivated meat” through cell culture of a certain cell line. The production will be undertaken in a facility compliant with the SFA guidelines and thus requires practices that are rigorous and consistent with these guidelines. Continuous batch production of the cultured chicken and ensuring consistent quality of the product is of utmost importance.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North
Reports to: CEO
- Perform cell culture.
- Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale).
- Perform analysis of cell metabolites, medium components etc. by Bioanalysis.
- Good trouble shooting ability with cell lines.
- Maintain accurate batch records and results following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately.
- Communicate effectively with client staff members and provide updates on the progress of the project.
- Liaise with vendors and third party testing labs to procure materials and obtain test results in a timely manner.
- Build and lead a team of research officers and scientists.
- Write and execute experimental plans as well as white papers, technical reports.
- Support product and service sales in application, marketing content and quotations.
- At least 1-2 years related laboratory experience including aseptic and mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Microbiology/Cell biology Background.
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills and experience with automation.
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Good presentation skills.
- A friendly and pleasant disposition.
- Preferably with experience working with lab scale bioreactors.
- PhD graduate in Biology or related science and 1-2 Years Mammalian Cell Culture experience.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.