Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences andhealthcareindustries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceuticalR&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100countries,direct sales and service offices in 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, theUK, China,Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asiaandglobally.Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of thefastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquarteredcompany, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, withglobaloperations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to understand protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to understand standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Able to commit to weekend work when needed, off in lieu will be given for work on public holidays
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques
- Good Understanding of Aseptic Techniques
- Work performed in a clean room environment wearing PPE
This role requires the individual to be involved in large scale production of the Novel Food - “Cultured Chicken” through cell culture of a certain fibroblastic cell line. The production will be undertaken in the World's First SFA Compliant Novel Food production facility. This requires practices that are rigorous and consistent with these guidelines and control measures imposed. Continuous batch production of the cultured chicken and ensuring consistent quality of the product is of utmost importance to making novel food a commercially viable option in the near future.
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North, Singapore.
- Perform cell culture –focus on mammalian cell culture
- Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale)
- Ability to learn and operate bioreactors of different sizes – training will be provided.
- Perform research and process development activities relating mainly to Cellular Agriculture andpossiblywith Vaccine/Virus (non-pathogenic)
- Perform analysis of cell metabolites, medium components etc by Bioanalysis.
- Good trouble shooting ability.
- Maintain accurate batch records and results following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately.
- Undertake tasks assigned by Team leader as and when appropriate.
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Sciences or related science/engineering background
- Laboratory experience including aseptic techniques and mammalian cell culture techniques preferred but not mandatory
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills
- Experience in an R&D or product development in cell culture is a plus
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, followinstructions, and comply with company policies.
- Good communication skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Science / Sciences / or related science and engineering background.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].