Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to understand protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to understand standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Able to commit to weekend work when needed, off in lieu will be given for work on public holidays
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques
- Good Understanding of Aseptic Techniques
- Work performed in a clean room environment wearing PPE
This role requires the individual to be involved in large scale production of the Novel Food - “Cultured Chicken” through cell culture of a certain fibroblastic cell line. The production will be undertaken in the World's First SFA Compliant Novel Food production facility. This requires practices that are rigorous and consistent with these guidelines and control measures imposed. Continuous batch production of the cultured chicken and ensuring consistent quality of the product is of utmost importance to making novel food a commercially viable option in the near future.
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore.
- Perform cell culture –focus on mammalian cell culture
- Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale)
- Ability to learn and operate bioreactors of different sizes – training will be provided.
- Perform research and process development activities relating mainly to Cellular Agriculture andpossiblywith Vaccine/Virus (non-pathogenic)
- Perform analysis of cell metabolites, medium components etc by Bioanalysis.
- Good trouble shooting ability.
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately.
- Undertake tasks assigned by Team leader as and when appropriate.
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Sciences or related science/engineering background
- Laboratory experience including aseptic techniques and mammalian cell culture techniques preferred but not mandatory
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills
- Experience in an R&D or product development in cell culture is a plus
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, followinstructions, and comply with company policies.
- Good communication skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Science / Sciences / or related science and engineering background.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].