Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
The food scientist will lead new product development, evaluation of formulated products, researching industry trends & new technology and keep abreast of food safety standards. This role will interact closely with other functions to provide expertise in new product development, ingredient and processing innovation to meet internal and external clients’ requirements in terms of product acceptability (flavour/texture) and nutrition.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
Reporting to: CEO
- Lead product development work involving various cooking and baking processes.
- Lead the development of different textures and organoleptic properties in a variety of product prototypes for commercialization.
- Lead food product development market research, ideation, formulation, rapid prototyping and sensory evaluation.
- Coordinate independent laboratory testing for nutrition analysis.
- Ensure products are in compliance with applicable legislation and certifications.
- Lead upscaling processes & products from bench scale to pilot production.
- Analyze food ingredients and products using in-house instruments, or at an off-site location.
- Work closely with industry and academia to actively and strategically forge collaborations, build and manage relationships with industry stakeholders to promote stronger collaboration.
- Search for, read and summarise relevant literature articles.
- Source for vendors and suppliers and maintain good working relationship with them.
- Maintain equipment, upkeep lab safety and inventory.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Analyses and other documents necessary for data integrity and traceability as well as lab safety.
- Attend conferences, seminars and exhibitions, either as a participant or as an exhibitor and organize logistics for such events where necessary.
- Participate in IP creation processes, such as drafting of patents and research papers.
- Participate in grant applications.
- Assist in the creation of posters and presentation decks.
- Assist in any other activities as required by the company.
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree Food Chemistry, Food Technology and related fields.
- At least 2 years (Masters) or 3 years (Bachelor’s) of working experience in the related field.
- Experience with conventional food processing, baking and cooking instruments and equipment.
- Experience with analytical instruments such as rheometers, viscometers, texture analyzers.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, able to take broad, loosely defined business needs and creatively identify precise, workable solutions.
- High level of initiative, keen interest to learn cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills and take on personal research projects.
- Good presentation skills with an ability to communicate difficult concepts in a comprehensible manner.
- High level of ability to multi-task and yet ensure quality of work on different projects.
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Keen interest in pursuing a highly focused project and working efficiently to meet milestones.
- Comfortable to undertake routine and SOP-directed lab work.
- Be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in small team environment
- Have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail Oriented and have high standards in documentation.
- Good time management and pro-active attitude.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].