Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
- Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to review and execute protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to review and improve standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to nature of cell culture production.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Cellular Agriculture Production team in the Burgeoning Cultivated Meat Space and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will carry out cell culture operations directed towards the fulfilment and achievement of client defined goals and objectives of each project. Your work will require close collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of employees across different functions and departments to ensure timely and effective cell culture production of the highest quality
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore.
- Production Lead is expected to have the capability to manage a team of production technicians whilst also performing production activities alongside team members. (No Night Shift)
- Perform duties in a GMP compliant manner, keep to all SOP’s and Safety standards in place, ensure the team also adheres to all standards and requirements that have been set in place to ensure production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures that all manufactured products meet the minimum quality standards and adheres to all QMS and batch records accuracy.
- Leads meetings with all relevant stakeholders to maintain the optimum production schedule.
- Ensures that all supporting functions like logistics and key critical inventory management is well planned and executed in anticipation of unforeseen supply chain bottlenecks that will affect production schedule.
- Has high level of competency when dealing with Bioreactors, from small-scale benchtop reactors, to Single use up to 2000L bioreactors.
- Supports regulatory inspections, audits, stakeholder visits
- Coordinates with other relevant departments like procurement, logistics, facilities and engineering to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Collaborates with management team to ensure all new projects, new facilities, new team members have clear actionable items with deliverable time lines.
- To support Sales, Business Development, Product Specialists and associated departments as subject matter expert.
- To provide expertise and support other departments to achieve project milestones.
- To exercise scientific creativity and independent thought in research & process development.
- To perform tasks in accordance with applicable regulations and site safety requirements.
- To undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Degree in a Technical field or equivalent such as Engineering, Biology, Chemistry
- 4 years of directly related experience in the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Biotechnology industry
- Cell Culture experience including media prep, buffer prep, cell washing and concentration
- Hands on experience with operating and troubleshooting Bioreactors from 2L – 2000L Single use or Stainless Steel
- Experience in leading or supervising a manufacturing team
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].