Bioprocess Scientist (Cell Line Creation)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
An appreciation of GMP cell banking considerations is desirable and is a plus. Experience in applied research is expected. The position also requires an appreciation of scale up and GMP manufacturing considerations. Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Cell Line Creation division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will plan and execute experiments in support of the cell line generation division and generate high productivity mammalian cell lines and execute the diverse cell culture experiments required to produce various vaccine candidates and antibodies, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North. Esco Aster PD (Process Development)/clinical ops, Singapore. Some travel as needed to GMP site in Changi, Singapore.
Reports to: CEO
Performing key activities associated with cell line development including molecular cloning, in vitro transcription, transfection, Single cell cloning, clone selection, characterization and cell banking.
Performing tasks in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations.
Write technical reports and campaign summaries
Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale)
Performing analysis of cell metabolites, medium components etc. by Bioanalysis
Good trouble shooting ability with cell lines
Maintain accurate batch records and results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
Work independently and efficiently
Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
Communicate effectively with client staff members and provide updates on the progress of the project
Liaise with vendors and third party testing labs to procure materials obtain test results in a timely manner
- At least 1-2 years related laboratory experience including aseptic and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Microbiology/Cell biology Background
- Experience with bioreactor systems
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills and experience with automation
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Good presentation skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition
- PhD graduate in Biology or related science and 1-2 Years Mammalian Cell Culture experience
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.