Senior Research Officer AAV (Viral Vectors) Gene Therapy
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster as a CDMO, we are looking for a senior research officer who is innovative, passionate and energetic with expertise in AAV gene therapy which includes local startups in gene therapies for cardiomyopathies, are collaborating in research grade AAV viral vector production and associated optimization and quality control processes.
Esco Aster is seeking to hire Research Officers to participate in this collaborative project. The role would include a variety of responsibilities in a team setting and the team will be taking part in process development and glp/gmp compliant manufacturing thereby bringing next-generation, life saving, critical and transformative gene therapies to patients with debilitating disorders.
Primary work location: One North Singapore
Reporting to: Project Lead
- Significant hands-on experience to produce AAV using the 293 system; knowledge of lentivirus, retrovirus or other production systems is a plus.
- Able to independently design and execute experiments following defined protocols and processes and produce highly accurate and reproducible data.
- Appropriately analyze data, interpret results, optimize and troubleshoot experiments to improve product yield and quality.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of experiments, data, and analysis to ensure data integrity and protect associated intellectual property.
- Provide expertise in development of bioanalytical assays and analytical development utilizing digital PCR and Stunner.
- Provide oversight and management of junior research officers and technical officers.
- Perform basic lab management duties, including maintenance of lab equipment, timely ordering of consumables and supplies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Life Sciences or related fields with 8 years hands on cell culture and work experience.
- In-depth experience in AAV and other viral vectors such as LV and RV is a plus.
- Experience in molecular biology, including standard recombinant DNA technology/ cloning, performing studies that would include DNA/RNA isolation and analyses with qPCR, digital PCR, protein assessments with Western blot, ELISA, immunolabelling (IHC, IF, ICC), and flow cytometry would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in tissue culture techniques, transfections, transductions, and other unit operations.
- Be proficient with MS Office, FlowJo, SnapGene, Prism, and other commonly used software
- Keen interest in pursuing a highly focused project and working efficiently to meet milestones.
- Comfortable to undertake routine and SOP-directed lab work.
- Be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in small team environment
- Have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail Oriented and have high standards in documentation.
- Good time management and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].