Research Officer/Research Assistant (Downstream Processing)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Downstream Processing division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will perform research and process development activities for downstream activities and be involved in scaling up of operations for vaccines, therapeutic proteins and biologics. You will work in close coordination with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
Reporting to: Lead Scientist
- Work in the CDMO services with the downstream R&D team and co-ordinate with manufacturing teams to scale up unit operations/ manufacturing at scale for vaccines, therapeutic proteins and biologics.
- Plans, executes and assists experimental programs including data analysis required in the project.
- Author protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessment and implementation of new processes, technologies in development scale, ultimately adapting to manufacturing operations.
- Record and document data promptly and accurately maintaining data integrity.
- Assisting in lab duties and administrative activities including procurement, inventory management, equipment maintenance, calibration etc.
- Exercise scientific creativity and independent thought and be responsible for imparting knowledge in relation to limited skills or experimental expertise.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with relevant cGMP regulations and site safety requirements.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree or Diploma in Life Sciences/ Bioengineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in life-sciences or related laboratory working with the downstream purification of vaccines, therapeutic proteins and/or biologics.
- Experience in different modes of preparative chromatography using purification skids (AKTA, NGC etc.).
- Experience in filtration (NFF and TFF) unit operations and bioprocess integration.
- Experienced in protein and molecular analyses, e.g. Western blot, qPCR, flow cytometry etc.
- Knowledge of technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable.
- Take initiatives, research oriented, possess good communication and documentation skills and work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Proven experience in laboratory operations, bench work, experimental design, method and data analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].