Research Assistant / Research Officer (Cell / Gene Therapy)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Cell/Gene Therapy division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will develop process development skills in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary work location: Currently in Biopolis, Singapore.
Reporting to: Lead Scientist
- Provide high quality written experimental reports and analytical test reports.
- Follow all the safety protocols and procedures to conduct laboratory operations.
- Assist in lab duties and administrative work including procurement, record keeping, maintenance etc.
- Help to maintain laboratory equipment, write SOPs, coordinate with Service Engineers for repairs and maintenance.
- Be involved in developing and writing protocols and technical reports.
- A Polytechnic Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or related disciplines.
- A degree in Biotechnology/Molecular biology preferred.
- Experience with cell culture, preferably mesenchymal/adipose derived stem cells, ES/iPS cells and HEK293/293T, familiarity with various transfection methods; previous experience in creating stable cell lines and RNA interference techniques would be favourable.
- Hands-on experience with basic laboratory techniques: SDS-PAGE/WB, microscopy, ELISA, previous experience with flow cytometry and qPCR would be preferred.
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques: cloning, PCR, bacterial transformation, DNA extraction, plasmid DNA preparation would be advantageous.
- The capability to independently and efficiently plan and perform experiments in an interdisciplinary environment.
- General laboratory upkeep, reagent ordering, stocks replenishment and equipment maintenance.
- 2 years working experience in a life-sciences or related laboratory either in academic or industrial setting.
- Previous duties including general laboratory upkeep, reagent ordering, stocks replenishment and equipment maintenance.
- Experience in cell & gene therapy bioprocess development.
- Experience with good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].