Research Assistant / Research Officer (Cell / Gene Therapy)
This job post is currently not available.
Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Cell/Gene Therapy division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will develop process development skills in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore.
Reporting to: Lead Scientist
- Provide high quality written experimental reports and analytical test reports.
- Follow all the safety protocols and procedures to conduct laboratory operations.
- Assist in lab duties and administrative work including procurement, record keeping, maintenance etc.
- Help to maintain laboratory equipment, write SOPs, coordinate with Service Engineers for repairs and maintenance.
- Be involved in developing and writing protocols and technical reports.
- A Polytechnic Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or related disciplines.
- A degree in Biotechnology/Molecular biology preferred.
- Experience with cell culture, preferably mesenchymal/adipose derived stem cells, ES/iPS cells and HEK293/293T, familiarity with various transfection methods; previous experience in creating stable cell lines and RNA interference techniques would be favourable.
- Hands-on experience with basic laboratory techniques: SDS-PAGE/WB, microscopy, ELISA, previous experience with flow cytometry and qPCR would be preferred.
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques: cloning, PCR, bacterial transformation, DNA extraction, plasmid DNA preparation would be advantageous.
- The capability to independently and efficiently plan and perform experiments in an interdisciplinary environment.
- General laboratory upkeep, reagent ordering, stocks replenishment and equipment maintenance.
- 2 years working experience in a life-sciences or related laboratory either in academic or industrial setting.
- Previous duties including general laboratory upkeep, reagent ordering, stocks replenishment and equipment maintenance.
- Experience in cell & gene therapy bioprocess development.
- Experience with good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].