QC Specialist (Microbiologist)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster Singapore Manufacturing’s Quality Control team, comprising of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Microbiology laboratories, and contribute to the overall site mission and objectives. Specifically, you will contribute to microbial-related analytical testing and operational activities to ensure the compliance of site’s finished bio-products including cellular- cultured food products.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent.
Reporting to: QC Manager and/or Supervisor
- Perform QC testing on raw materials, intermediates, finished products, environmental monitoring and utilities.
- Complete QC testing in a timely manner in accordance with schedules, SOPs and workflows.
- Operate various analytical equipment and testing methods, including necessary troubleshooting.
- Evaluate, analyze and report on test data and results.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of QC laboratory equipment.
- Support/ perform QC laboratory equipment/system qualification.
- Support/ perform validation on testing method.
- Support in writing and maintenance of SOPs, workflows, reports, quality control criteria.
- Support procurement of QC laboratory supplies (reagents, consumables and others).
- Monitor and maintain suitable inventory level of QC laboratory supplies.
- Ensure proper record keeping and data management.
- Escalate issues and atypical events to Supervisor/Manager.
- Support/ perform laboratory investigation.
- Adhere to all site safety requirements.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with cGMP regulations.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree or Diploma in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Food Technology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical manufacturing or food manufacturing facility preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on QC laboratory operations and procedures, analytical test methods, troubleshooting and evaluation of analytical results.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up the team and workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].