Food Safety Quality Assurance Senior Manager
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Esco AsterMavors GMP CDMO operates under SFA, ISO 22000, HACCP Guidelines and we are looking for a site FSQA Manager. You will be part of a diverse and dynamic entrepreneurial team at Esco AsterMavors Cultivated Meat / Alternative Proteins CDMO; work and coordinate with food ingredient and food product teams in Singapore including overseas factories (Taiwan) to drive overall food safety and quality assurance.
This position is a vital link between food safety and quality assurance resource for the contract manufacturing team and is mission critical in ensuring supply chain flexibility whilst appropriately managing business risk. Individual requires a strong working knowledge of cell culture, food ingredient and food product unit operations and associated risks. The individual must have strong interpersonal communication skills and emotional intelligence to collaborate with multiple departments such as process scientists, business unit representatives and contract giver while driving activities centered around continuous improvement (kaizen) to ensure site performance.
Primary Job Location: Esco AsterMavors Blk 71 Ayer rajah crescent (walking distance from one-north mrt)
Secondary Location: Some travel to fermentation site in 21 Changi South as needed and in future when borders open to PT Esco Bintan, Indonesia and Taiwan.
Reporting to: CEO
- Ensure high standards of Food Safety requirements are maintained in accordance to ISO:22000 and SFA Novel Food guidelines.
- Overall responsible for all Food Ingredient/ Food Product related licensing (NEA, AVA, ISO:22000, HACCP)
- Reporting and analysis of key FSQA metrics and for maintaining corporate FSQA programs.
- Development of an internal FSQA compliance program to include risk assessment matrix, approval criteria, and audit requirements to reduce risk.
- Develop an internal FSQA compliance program to encompass auditing of corporate programs at all processing facilities to verify standard program implementation and drive consistency and universalization of corporate programs.
- Responsible for corporate analysis and reporting of FSQA data and metrics including consumer complaints, customer grievances, internal food safety and quality monitoring data, and pathogen testing results.
- Maintain corporate programs such as the corporate quality policy, quality attributes, recall program, and the net weight program for all processing facilities. This will/may include training of FSQA technical staff.
- Function as the primary internal resource for third party audit certification including overseas novel food (E.g. US FDA/USDA) standard and customer specific audits.
- Conducting food safety and quality audits for internal and external audit on food manufacturing sites to measure compliance with quality policies and programs.
- Identifying the key risk attributes as per HACCP and ISO 22000 for each manufacturing site and working with local operations and QA managers on initiatives for reducing risk, as well as overseeing implementation and maintenance of all FSQA data systems.
- Signoff on internal food safety for in house sensory taste testing.
- Signoff on internal food ingredient cultivated cell paste contract manufacturing from incoming QC, production to final food ingredient cold chain and overall batch records.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve food safety and/or quality issues, product dispositions, innovation, and project support.
- Provide FSQA Computer systems data leadership, support, and training to manufacturing facilities and executive teams by identifying gaps for further quality improvement and reporting systems to ensure continuous improvement in food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- This includes managing customer and consumer complaints, leading IT systems implementation, and managing the use of current technologies.
- Manage all aspects of a Product Recall and work with client on root cause analysis.
- Work with 3rd party independent laboratories and toxicologists for external release.
- Ensuring food ingredient and food product outsourced partners meet Esco AsterMavors internal requirements.
- Developing working relationships with our external partners (including key critical vendors) to manage consistent conformance to specifications, regulatory requirements, and food safety guidelines.
- To assist with coordinating in process sampling and maintain microbiological inspection records.
- Perform data analysis on microbiological performance standards and communicate the performance and achievement to performance standards in maintaining Hygiene standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Food Technology, or related field. Preference will be given to Masters or PhD.
- 10 years work experience with minimum of 6 years work experience in contract manufacturing environment for food ingredients and food products.
- Technical knowledge of food quality/safety procedures and programs, regulatory requirements, microbial hazards, HACCP program development, microbiological laboratory procedures, sanitation procedures and plant operations.
- Understanding of Cultivated Meat/Alternative proteins manufacturing process capability and the application of Process control/Quality control within those processes.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification is preferred.
- Management and facilitation of cross-functional teams.
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and information reporting.
- Ability to communicate to all members of the organization and the ability to create standardized methods and approaches for project management processes.
- Advise executive teams on progress, problem-solving, solution development, identification and measurement of performance targets, plan development and data analysis.
- Prior department management experience is preferred.
- Problem solving skills and team management skills.
- Ability to independently manage projects and ensure follow-up and completion.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.