Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and
healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well
as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales
network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and
R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia
and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within
some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a
Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products
and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environmen
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space
Esco Aster develops, produces, and commercializes APIs/Small Molecules, hiPSC, Virus/Viral Vector
based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom
manufacturing of a range of cell types, discovery services (disease modelling, drug screening, and safety
assays) and manufacturing process development to support cell therapy products as well as cultivated
Interfacing between our chemical and biological teams is our Stemistry department.
Identify and unlock mechanisms of action as well as deriving cell models to determine host cell
interactions and chemical to cells interactions for the following purpose:
- Develop viral sensitizers for increasing yield of our virus/viral vector production.
- Increase differentiation of iPSCs into target cell population.
- Increase biomass expansion to replace serum/growth factors as used in cultivated meat.
- Test GMP PEI for transfection (PEI library done by other colleagues)
- Develop chemistry for affinity chromatography for extracellular vesicles/exosomes.
- Develop safety/tox analytics for novel foods.
We are looking for a new team member with proven experience in host to cell interaction.
You will be an essential part of our multidisciplinary team of researchers, working both independently
but also as
part of a larger team.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, a critical mind, and excellent communication skills.
The Associate Scientist will be involved in all aspects of our projects as the interface between our
cellular and chemistry department.
Activities include advanced stem cell culture; state of the art differentiation processes and downstream
Report to: Selected candidate will report to CEO and scientist-in-residence
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
- Develop and validate cell models to study chemical, biopolymer, peptide to cell and host to cell interaction.
- Execute studies to determine and analyze cellular fate.
- Perform in process analyses and cell-based assays including multiomics for functional characterization.
- Support routine lab activities such as stock management and equipment maintenance
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with Quality Management System
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed.
- PhD in Life Sciences/Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with cell culture and the ability to adapt for cross functional work involving cell culture and evaluation of the impact of small molecule in cell culture.
- Ability to plan and perform experiments in an interdisciplinary environment, both independently and efficiently.
- Familiarity with good laboratory practices (GLP); GMP knowledge and/or experience will be an advantage.
- Proven track record in experimental design, SOP development, review and writing, data and statistical analysis.
- Ability to write scientific publications and present data at national and international conferences.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.