Research Officer/Scientist (Downstream Processing) - Cell Therapy
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North. Esco Aster PD (Process Development)/clinical ops, Singapore.
- Work in the CDMO services as a part of the R&D team to develop processes for downstream unit operations for the stem cells/cell therapy including Mesenchymal stem cells, iPSCs, exosomes derived from adherent and suspension cell cultures.
- Design, plan, execute, and supervise experimental programs.
- Analyze and interpret experiment data to draw scientific conclusions.
- Perform wet lab activities related to downstream unit operations and associated analytics.
- Train subordinates on downstream techniques and operations.
- Co-ordinate with the small-scale GMP manufacturing team to scale-up unit operations and/or support manufacturing operations.
- Author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Author or review standard operating procedures, instrument operating procedures and other lab related documents.
- Assess and implement new processes and technologies in development scale, ultimately adapting to manufacturing operations.
- Record and document data promptly and accurately maintaining data integrity.
- Assist in non-routine lab duties and administrative activities including, and not limited to procurement, vendor assessment, people management, equipment maintenance, equipment calibration etc.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor or Master’s degree or doctorate in Biological Sciences/(Bio)Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry or related disciplines.
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a life-sciences or related laboratory working with the downstream purification of stem cells/exosomes.
- Experience in filtration (NFF and TFF) unit operations and bioprocess integration.
- Knowledge of protein and molecular analyses, e.g., Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, flow cytometry etc.
- Knowledge of technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable.
- Proficient in MS office- MS word, MS excel, PowerPoint
- Take initiatives, self-starter, research oriented, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Possess good communication and documentation skills.
- Can contribute individually, as well as work efficiently in a dynamic team environment.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].