Research Officer / Research Assistant (Stem Cell)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
You will be part of Esco Aster Singapore’s Stem Cell team and contribute towards the overall site mission and objectives. You will work on development of iPSCs lines, iPSCs differentiation into target cell types (e.g. cardiomyocytes, beta cells) and establishment of large scale cell expansion using company’s proprietary technology for further applications in cell therapy and cultivated meat.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
- Perform iPSCs, MSCs culture.
- Isolate cells from primary tissues to create cell lines and reprogram isolated cells into iPSCs.
- Perform and design methods to differentiate iPSCs into target cell types such as cardiomyocytes, beta cells.
- for cell therapy or muscle cells, adipocytes for cultivated meat.
- Perform characterization of the obtained cell lines by means of FACS, qPCR and fluorescent microscopy.
- Perform process development for cell expansion utilizing MiniTide or other cell culture reactors.
- Work jointly with other departments (DSP processing/analytical development/QC) to develop end to end continuous process with process intensification.
- Perform tasks in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations.
- Execute service contracts from research to clinical grade cell therapy.
- Be involved with cross-functional team for Internal transfer from GLP into clinical trial manufacturing.
- Write technical reports, SOPs following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Biology or strongly related scientific discipline with minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Good aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Experience with induced pluripotent stem cells is a plus.
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques such as FACS, qPCR, Fluorescent Microscopy.
- Experience with cell expansion systems (suspension or adherent types).
- Ability to read and interpret publications and protocols.
- Experience working under GMP is an added advantage.
- Basic proficiencies in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, initiative, self-motivated and task oriented.
- A team player who is respectful and supports/ communicates constructively.
- Able to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Good oral and written English.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].