Research Officer / Assistant (Viral Vectors)
This job post is currently not available.
Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space
Esco Aster as a CDMO, we are looking for a research officer/assistant who is innovative,
passionate and energetic with expertise in AAV viral vector production and associated
optimization and quality control processes.
Esco Aster is seeking to hire Research Officers/Assistants to participate in this collaborative
project. The role would include a variety of responsibilities in a team setting and the team will
be taking part in process development and GLP compliant manufacturing thereby bringing
next-generation, lifesaving, critical and transformative gene therapies to patients with
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
Reporting to: Lead Scientist
- Manufacturing of recombinant viral vectors – AAV, LV, RV in adherent and suspension HEK293 cells
- Purification of recombinant viral vectors using various chromatography techniques and/or ultracentrifugation
- Quality control of recombinant viral vectors using qPCR, dPCR, DLS, FACS
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of experiments, data, and analysis to ensure data integrity and protect associated intellectual property.
- Performing basic lab management duties, including maintenance of lab equipment, timely ordering of consumables and supplies, reagent preparation etc
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related fields with at least 2 years hands on cell culture and work experience.
- Proficiency in tissue culture techniques, particularly using HEK293(T), including transfection and/or electroporation
- Experience with recombinant viral vectors such as AAV, LV and RV is a plus.
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, including standard recombinant DNA technology/ cloning, performing studies that would include DNA/RNA isolation and analyses with qPCR, digital PCR, protein assessments with Western blot, ELISA, immunolabelling (IHC, IF, ICC), and flow cytometry.
- Previous exposure to chromatography techniques either analytical or preparative would be advantageous.
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments following defined protocols and processes and produce highly accurate and reproducible data.
- Experience with good laboratory practices (GLP) will be an advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Office, FlowJo, SnapGene, Prism, and other commonly used software
- Keen interest in pursuing a highly focused project and working efficiently to meet milestones.
- Comfortable to undertake routine and SOP-directed lab work.
- Be proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in small team environment
- Have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail Oriented and have high standards in documentation.
- Good time management and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].