Research Assistant/Officer (Cellular Agriculture)
This job post is currently not available.
Esco Lifesciences Group is Singapore’s most globalized life sciences company, with annual revenues close to 200M and global operations in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. At Esco, we embrace innovation and take calculated risks to address unmet needs, all while building a leading life sciences ecosystem that will benefit the communities that we operate in. As a rapidly growing global business (growing at high double digits annually) and expanding worldwide through M&A, we empower you with the opportunities to excel and drive impact.
At Esco Aster, we are a contract development and manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling fellow scientists to translate their bench work into life-saving diagnostics, medicines, therapies, cosmeceuticals, cellular agriculture, at affordable prices for their country self-sufficiency.
The work we do creates a lasting remarkable impact on healthcare. Join us for the world we are making as we redefine medicine for current and future generations to come.
Esco Aster. One World. One Health.
This role requires the individual to be involved in large scale production of the Novel Food - “Cultured Chicken” through cell culture of a certain fibroblastic cell line. The production will be undertaken in the World's First SFA Compliant Novel Food production facility. This requires practices that are rigorous and consistent with these guidelines and control measures imposed. Continuous batch production of the cultured chicken and ensuring consistent quality of the product is of utmost importance to making novel food a commercially viable option in the near future.
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North. Esco Aster PD (Process Development)/clinical ops, Singapore.
- Perform cell culture –focus on chicken embryo cells
- Prepare solutions and culture media (small scale as well as large scale)
- Perform research and process development activities relating mainly to Cellular Agriculture and also possibly with Vaccine/Virus (non-pathogenic)
- Perform analysis of cell metabolites , medium components etc by Bioanalysis
- Good trouble shooting ability with cell lines
- Maintain accurate batch records and results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate effectively with client staff members and provide updates on the progress of the project
- Liaise with vendors and third-party testing labs to procure materials obtain test results in a timely manner
- Undertake tasks assigned by Team leader as and when appropriate.
- Be involved and contribute to creation of protocols and technical reports.
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Sciences or related science/engineering background
- Laboratory experience including aseptic techniques and mammalian cell culture techniques preferred but not mandatory
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills
- Experience in an R&D or product development in cell culture is a plus
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Good communication skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition
- Bachelors or Diploma in Life Science / Sciences / or related science and engineering background.
- Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]
- For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].