Procurement Assistant Manager/Manager (Life Sciences)
Esco Lifesciences Group is Singapore’s most globalized life sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations to come.
One World. One Health.
You will lead Esco Aster’s Procurement team and contribute towards the overall site mission and objectives. You will support the site’s operational activities and product release to ensure compliance and meeting of quality requirements.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
- Responsible for all purchasing activities including sourcing, contract negotiation and expediting delivery schedule.
- Coordinating with suppliers and forwarders in shipping and customs processes and procedures related to importation, on timely delivery of materials.
- Material forecasting and planning
- Consolidating purchase orders across different departments for optimal purchase quantities and schedules
- Issuing purchase orders for local and overseas purchases.
- Schedule shipments and logistic arrangements in the most efficient manner
- Ensure all issued PO’s are delivered on time
- Ensure all COA’s, Product Specs, COC’s are in order if necessary
- Work with relevant departments to ensure all vendors are pre-qualified
- Monitor cost reduction and increase for materials purchased.
- Establish and maintain an independent supplier’s performance monitoring systems to ensure compliance with performance & quality standards & maintain close liaison with suppliers.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related disciplines
- Relevant procurement experience in the scientific industry highly preferred
- Good knowledge in shipping practice such as import and export documentation, permit declaration and other relevant documents.
- Familiar with FIFO, FEFO concepts, and COA, COC, Product specification requirements
- Familiar with purchase variances and participate in cost reduction program.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- An independent individual who works well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & analytical skill.
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, self-motivated & organized.
- Can commence work immediately
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].