MSAT Deputy Manager
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s MSAT division and contribute towards the overall company’s mission and objectives. The team will focus on (i) the technical scouting and evaluation work of new technology introduction to Esco Aster’s GMP platform processes, and (ii) technology transfer (TT) of drug substance (DS) and drug product (DP) processes of protein, virus and advanced therapy products into Esco Aster’s GMP facilities/plants in Singapore. You will be the domain expert who will (i) apply scientifically based rationales to scale-up and technology transfer, (ii) improve and troubleshoot DS/DP production processes, and (iii) design and implement studies for new or improved products.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
- Align the MSAT team to achieve the company’s goals and communicate the needs of the team to the senior management.
- Build, develop and lead team members to build a self-managing and high performing team.
- Serve as technical expert for the DS (downstream) and DP manufacturing suites with respect to protein, virus and advanced therapy processes.
- Management of timeline and resources of the team, talent development of team members and cross-functional interactions with other functions and senior management.
For DS and DP GMP facilities (including start-up stage), and with primary focus on Esco Aster GMP facility for Clinical Operations, and where appropriate future transition to contribute to Esco Aster GMP scale-up manufacturing plant:
Provide technical expertise to discussions between external collaborators and process development (PD), to ensure seamless and scientifically sound technology introduction, scale-up and technology transfer into Esco Aster’s GMP facilities/plants. This may include (i) directing additional studies at facilities of external partners, Esco Aster's PD laboratories and large-scale MFG facilities (if necessary), and (ii) presenting scientific concepts and results within Esco Aster (Clinical Operations and/or Manufacturing) as well as potential and existing partners.
Develop and improve TT templates and tools for rapid, efficient and accurate TT execution.
Plan and execute TT of external clients' projects and/or internal scale-up projects into DS and DP manufacturing suites for production of protein, virus and advanced therapy modalities, for clinical and commercial uses.
Direct activities at small scale or suitable process laboratories to support TT and process investigations.
Work with PD and manufacturing to support process optimization, capacity improvement and scale-up activities.
Collaborate and support PD, quality and regulatory teams and other stakeholders to
(i) deliver an efficient and compliant manufacturing process, and (ii) provide technical inputs for investigations and inspections.
Advance scientific expertise within the function and proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing expert opinions within the team, peers and senior management. This can include integrating emerging scientific trends into functional short-term objectives, and data generating for publications to advance Esco Aster as a key opinion leader.
During the start-up phase of Esco Aster’s facilities/plants, be willing to take on expanded role to set up the department and required systems and processes as well as expanded scope as needed.
Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree in Sciences or related studies.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience working in a cGMP pharmaceutical setting.
- Familiar with working in a cGMP environment and keeping up to date with current cGMP, with flexibility to change as needed due to new regulatory requirements and technologies, as relevant for clinical and commercial supply.
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiar with cGMP operations in drug products, and in drug substances (preferred).
- Capable of designing and writing training programs and contents.
- Capable of conducting and delivering hands-on training, both theory and practical.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- People-oriented and value the importance of workforce training for organizational excellence.
- Ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills and able to provide guidance and obtain buy in from all levels of organisation.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.