Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
will be part of Esco Aster’s Lab Operations team and contribute towards the
overall site mission and objectives. You will support the site’s GLP operational activities and product release to ensure compliance and meeting of
quality requirements. The
Lab Assistant will assist the Laboratory Management and Procurement teams to
ensure the teams are effective in fulfilling their responsibilities and meeting
work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore.
- Assist Lab Manager in managing all central lab management activities to ensure operational readiness and compliance of various lab suites and facilities.
- Maintenance, testing, calibration, updates and review of equipment and supplies in adherence to the lab quality systems.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of quality documents such as technical procedures, policy and work instructions (WIs).
- Assist in managing lab equipment and assets, including inventory management, maintenance scheduling, service and repair, equipment renewal, upgrade or disposal.
- Assist in managing essential lab support functions, including lab supplies, gas top-ups, waste management, lab coats laundry etc.
- Ensuring stock is replenished, correctly distributed for each scientific group and expensed in right category using ERP system or equivalent.
- Preparation of the laboratory for all audits, licensing and accreditation.
- Sourcing of lab supplies, consumables, chemicals, cell-lines, lab services etc.
- Sourcing of lab equipment, instruments and tools.
- Coordinate with Procurement Team to raise purchase orders, monitor orders, receive goods, maintain purchase records, warranties, maintenance schedules in a timely manner and in compliance with the company’s procurement policy .
- Ensure routine housekeeping in designated labs.
- Conduct Risk Assessment for all aspects of lab operations.
- Ensure required SOPs are in place and updated where necessary.
- Perform routine lab inspection to ensure safe operations in the Lab
- Maintain a current chemical inventory log, paying special attention to corrosive, flammable, and explosive chemicals.
- Maintain a database of SDS (safety data sheet) and ensure availability where needed
- Maintain security of laboratory’s access and compliance of house rules by users of the laboratory.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Diploma in Science or related disciplines.
- One year of relevant working experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Able to work independently.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel, word).
- Goal-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to achieve milestones with the teams.
- Prepared to work in a start-up environment.
- Good communication skills, able to openly communicate and escalate relevant issues.
- A strong team player to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, self-motivated & organized.
- A friendly and pleasant disposition.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].