Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the
life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and
scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D
and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales
network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24
countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore,
Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma
industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China,
and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing
segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a
Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging
technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning
the US, Europe and Asia.
will be part of Esco Aster’s Lab Operations team and contribute towards the
overall site mission and objectives. You will support the site’s GLP and GMP
operational activities and product release to ensure compliance and meeting of
quality requirements. The
Lab Assistant will assist the Laboratory Management and Procurement teams to
ensure the teams are effective in fulfilling their responsibilities and meeting
work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore.
- Assist Lab Manager in managing all central lab management activities to ensure operational readiness and compliance of various lab suites and facilities.
- Maintenance, testing, calibration, updates and review of equipment and supplies in adherence to the lab quality systems.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of quality documents such as technical procedures, policy and work instructions (WIs).
- Assist in managing lab equipment and assets, including inventory management, maintenance scheduling, service and repair, equipment renewal, upgrade or disposal.
- Assist in managing essential lab support functions, including lab supplies, gas top-ups, waste management, lab coats laundry etc.
- Ensuring stock is replenished, correctly distributed for each scientific group and expensed in right category using ERP system or equivalent.
- Preparation of the laboratory for all audits, licensing and accreditation.
- Sourcing of lab supplies, consumables, chemicals, cell-lines, lab services etc.
- Sourcing of lab equipment, instruments and tools.
- Coordinate with Procurement Team to raise purchase orders, monitor orders, receive goods, maintain purchase records, warranties, maintenance schedules in a timely manner and in compliance with the company’s procurement policy .
- Ensure routine housekeeping in designated labs.
- Conduct Risk Assessment for all aspects of lab operations.
- Ensure required SOPs are in place and updated where necessary.
- Perform routine lab inspection to ensure safe operations in the Lab
- Maintain a current chemical inventory log, paying special attention to corrosive, flammable, and explosive chemicals.
- Maintain a database of SDS (safety data sheet) and ensure availability where needed
- Maintain security of laboratory’s access and compliance of house rules by users of the laboratory.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Diploma in Science or related disciplines.
- One year of relevant working experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Able to work independently.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel, word).
- Goal-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to achieve milestones with the teams.
- Prepared to work in a start-up environment.
- Good communication skills, able to openly communicate and escalate relevant issues.
- A strong team player to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, self-motivated & organized.
- A friendly and pleasant disposition.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].