GLP Laboratory Manager
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s central operations and contribute towards the company’s mission and objectives. You will oversee and manage laboratory operations and activities in compliance to GLP, GMP and Biosafety (BSL2) requirements. You will work and coordinately closely with various internal units to ensure the laboratories and facilities are running smoothly.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
- Assist Lab Manager in managing all central lab management activities to ensure operational readiness and compliance of various lab suites and facilities.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining centralized workflows, standard operating procedures, work instructions, schedules, user logs etc.
- Assist in managing lab equipment and assets, including inventory management, maintenance scheduling, service and repair, equipment renewal, upgrade or disposal.
- Assist in managing essential lab support functions, including lab supplies, gas top-ups, waste management, lab coats laundry etc.
- Ensuring stock is replenished, correctly distributed for each scientific group and expensed in right category using ERP system or equivalent.
- Sourcing of lab supplies, consumables, chemicals, cell-lines, lab services etc.
- Sourcing of lab equipment, instruments and tools.
- Coordinate with procurement officer to raise purchases, monitor orders, receive goods, maintain purchase records, warranties, maintenance schedules.
Documentation, record keeping and data management:
- Write and prepare SOPS, work instructions, reports.
- Manage proper records keeping, data and document storage.
- Implement and maintain LIMS/Electronic Lab Notebook systems.
Lab safety, licenses and permits management:
- Manage Health & Safety matters for the laboratories, including risk assessments, emergency response plans.
- Handle license and permits applications, such as for importation and exportation of biological substances, lab equipment etc.
- Ensure proper waste management, chemical storage, handling of hazardous materials.
- Conduct regular laboratory inspections to ensure readiness, identify gaps and implement corrective measures as required.
Training and onboarding:
- Conduct lab orientation and safety training to onboard new joiners.
- Conduct training to lab users and operators as required, including preparation of training material and organizing training sessions.
- Coordinate and host facility visits such as by clients, collaborators, trainees, regulatory personnel etc.
Projects and other initiatives:
- Assist in managing and running central service projects, improvement projects and initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules.
- Support and perform lab work as appropriate, in collaboration with scientific teams.
- Facilitate effective communication across internal units by trending and reporting data.
- Establish and improve procedures and processes by addressing issues and risks.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a lab environment, preferably in a biolab (at least BSL2), GLP and/or GMP setting.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience having dealt with laboratory management activities.
- GLP/ OECD/ ISO13485/ ISO17025 regulatory knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with LIMS/Electronic lab book systems is an advantage.
- Effective data trending, document control and technical lab bench skills.
- Works well with processes, numbers and record keeping.
- Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities.
- Team player, detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellence oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills, able to openly communicate and escalate relevant issues.
- A strong team player to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills and able to provide guidance and obtain buy in from all levels of organization.
- During start-up phase of any new facility projects, be willing to take on expanded role to set up the department, required systems and processes as well as expanded scope as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].