Bioprocess Scientist (EVs/Exosomes)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and
healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as
biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network
in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US,
Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and
globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the
fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singaporeheadquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving
You will be part of Esco Aster’s EVs/Exosomes division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and
objectives. You will perform research and process development activities, mainly in support of EVs/Exosomes
division, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary Work Location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, One North; Some travel as needed to GMP site in Changi,
Report to: Selected candidate will report to CEO and others as assigned.
- Utilize Tide Motion to generate EVs/Exosomes alongside with characterization via FACS and equivalent
- Develop dsp methods to ensure purification of naïve and loaded Exosomes/EVs.
- Develop surface modification methods to allow exosomes to have better homing / targeting.
- Develop loading methods to load cargo into exosomes.
- Perform process characterization as needed based on project scope.
- Aid in working with cross functional team to develop new tools for producing Exosomes /EVs.
- Build and lead a team of research officers and scientists.
- Work jointly with other departments (DSP processing/analytical development/QC) to develop end to end
continuous process with process intensification.
- Testing of new tools to provide feedback to engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Be involved with cross-functional team for Internal transfer from GLP into clinical trial manufacturing.
- Aid in writing of user requirement specifications.
- Aid in validation (e.g. FAT) and engineering runs prior to clinical trial manufacturing.
- Write and execute experimental plans as well as white papers, technical reports, presentations.
- Support product and service sales in application, marketing content and quotations.
- Support sales, Business Development, product specialists and associated departments as subject matter
- Assist in technical proposals and costings to help close sales.
- Execute service contracts from research to clinical grade EVs/Exosomes for upstream and downstream
- Evaluate other bioprocess platforms as relevant.
- PhD graduate in Biology or related science
- Bioengineering/Cell biology Background
- At least 3years Stem Cell Culture experience
- At least 1-2 years related laboratory experience including EVs/exosomes
- Experience with bioreactor systems
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills and experience with automation
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow
instructions, take initiative and self-learn to keep up with market trends and comply with company
- Good presentation skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition able to work with team
- Preferred Experience with operation of bioreactor cell culture scale up
- Preferred Manufacturing of exosomes or nanoparticles
- Preferred High-resolution nanoscale flow cytometry, dstorm, nstorm, dls, FFF-MALs
- Preferred Experience in isolation and characterization of exosomes (OJT provided)
- Preferred Experience in downstream purification of exosomes(OJT provided)
- Experience with process development and large-scale manufacturing processes for
biologics/nanoparticles, and familiarity with CMC environment a plus
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.