Bioprocess Scientist (EVs/Exosomes)
Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving
You will be part of Esco Aster’s EVs/Exosomes division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and
objectives. You will perform research and process development activities, mainly in support of EVs/Exosomes
division, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
Primary Work Location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore.
Report to: Selected candidate will report to CEO and others as assigned.
- Utilize Tide Motion to generate EVs/Exosomes alongside with characterization via FACS and equivalent
- Develop dsp methods to ensure purification of naïve and loaded Exosomes/EVs.
- Develop surface modification methods to allow exosomes to have better homing / targeting.
- Develop loading methods to load cargo into exosomes.
- Perform process characterization as needed based on project scope.
- Aid in working with cross functional team to develop new tools for producing Exosomes /EVs.
- Build and lead a team of research officers and scientists.
- Work jointly with other departments (DSP processing/analytical development/QC) to develop end to end
continuous process with process intensification.
- Testing of new tools to provide feedback to engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Be involved with cross-functional team for Internal transfer from GLP into clinical trial manufacturing.
- Aid in writing of user requirement specifications.
- Aid in validation (e.g. FAT) and engineering runs prior to clinical trial manufacturing.
- Write and execute experimental plans as well as white papers, technical reports, presentations.
- Support product and service sales in application, marketing content and quotations.
- Support sales, Business Development, product specialists and associated departments as subject matter
- Assist in technical proposals and costings to help close sales.
- Execute service contracts from research to clinical grade EVs/Exosomes for upstream and downstream
- Evaluate other bioprocess platforms as relevant.
- PhD graduate in Biology or related science
- Bioengineering/Cell biology Background
- At least 3years Stem Cell Culture experience
- At least 1-2 years related laboratory experience including EVs/exosomes
- Experience with bioreactor systems
- General laboratory skills, good pipetting skills and experience with automation
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow
instructions, take initiative and self-learn to keep up with market trends and comply with company
- Good presentation skills
- A friendly and pleasant disposition able to work with team
- Preferred Experience with operation of bioreactor cell culture scale up
- Preferred Manufacturing of exosomes or nanoparticles
- Preferred High-resolution nanoscale flow cytometry, dstorm, nstorm, dls, FFF-MALs
- Preferred Experience in isolation and characterization of exosomes (OJT provided)
- Preferred Experience in downstream purification of exosomes(OJT provided)
- Experience with process development and large-scale manufacturing processes for
biologics/nanoparticles, and familiarity with CMC environment a plus
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].