Bioprocess Scientist (CAR-T/CAR-Immune)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques
Chimeric antigen receptor T/NK ( CAR-T/Car-NK) cell therapy is an innovative immunotherapy that allows patients to fight cancer with their immune systems.
This position focuses on the development of chimeric antigen receptor T/NK ( CAR-T/Car-NK) cell products for Autologous/Allogeneic CAR-T Cell Therapy and includes collaboration with cross functional R&D teams.
You will manage the lab including writing standard operating procedures and protocols.
You will also work towards creating consistent GMP cell lines.
As an associate Scientist, you will participate in the design, execution, and optimization of these experiments, as well as characterizing outcomes and efficiency.
We are looking for a new team member with proven experience in working with Autologous/Allogeneic CAR-T cells.
You will be an essential part of our multidisciplinary team of researchers, working both independently but also as
part of a larger team.
The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, a critical mind, and excellent communication skills.
The Associate Scientist will be involved in all aspects of cell therapy projects for process development and characterization of iPSC-derived cells, under the supervision of the Project Leads.
Selected candidate will report to CEO and future Director Cell Therapy Innovations.
- Perform state of the art cell culture techniques in the field of human stem cell maintenance.
- Execute studies for the clinical development of Autologous CAR-T cells (from cell selection to cell expansion using static/wave and/or other closed bioreactors followed by cell washing/concentration, controlled rate freezing).
- Execute studies for the clinical development of Allogeneic CAR-T cells (from donor selection, to gene editing, differentiation, cell expansion followed by cell washing/concentration, controlled rate freezing).
- Generate primary cells, iPSC derived cells, and tumor cell lines using aseptic cell culture technique and executing modification of these cell lines and primary cells.
- Perform in process analyses and cell-based assays for functional characterization of differentiated cells.
- Design, plan and execute/manage proof of concept studies to evaluate product potential efficacy.
- Support routine lab activities such as stock management and equipment maintenance.
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with Quality Management System.
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed.
- Perform process development and scale up in small scale utilizing MiniTide or other downscaled cell culture reactors.
- Work with cross-functional stemistry teams, analytical development, qc transfer protocols to manufacturing teams.
- Write and execute experimental plans as well as white papers, technical reports, presentations.
- Support product and service sales in application, marketing content and quotations.
- Support sales, Business Development, product specialists and associated departments as subject matter expert.
- Assist in technical proposals and costings to help close sales.
- Develop other CAR-Immune cells as part of pipeline and market trends.
- PhD in Stem Cell Biology, Cellular Biology,(applied) biological science or related domains.
- Proven experience in mammalian cell culture and specifically with Allogeneic CAR-T cells.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience with development and characterization of cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin using different reprogramming techniques.
- Proven experience in cancer–immune interactions.
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques such as FACS, qPCR, Fluorescent Microscopy.
- Experience working under GMP will be favoured.
- Demonstrated practical experience in cell culture techniques is a requirement (such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, aseptic techniques).
- Experience with flow cytometry/Immunofluorescence/Cell-based assays is a plus.
- Well-organized, precise and reliable.
- Understanding of good documentation practices.
- Highly motivated, proactive, accurate, creative, and committed team worker.
- Willing to work during weekends if required.
- Good communication skills and team-player.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.