Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and
services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic
research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical
R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive
sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over
24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK,
China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare
and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market
leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the
fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing
market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West,
bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global
operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Engineering team and contribute to
the overall site mission and objectives. You are responsible for software configuration,
qualifying and maintaining Automation and controls system such as PLC/SCADA/HMI/PI,
equipment fault troubleshooting and
technical support on various IT/OT system and laboratory instrument. This
position will involve the startup phase, liaising with the engineering firm on
the design and construction of the facility, ensuring that the installations
comply to safety guidelines, design intent and quality standards are met.
Reporting to: Head of Engineering,
or other person as directed.
- Startup of new facility including commissioning, setup configuration, qualifying and maintaining Automation and controls system PLC/SCADA/HMI/PI.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical automation support on manufacture equipment and process automation system.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of utilities/process automation equipment such as autoclave, washer, filling line, packaging line, WFI water system and utilities.
- Perform all work safely and meet the requisite training requirements.
- Responsible for the startup, maintenance and administration of GMP automation systems for new facility. This includes vendor packaged PLCs such as filling line, WFI, BMS and EMS.
- Participate, facilitate and review process and automation discrepancies, root cause analyses and timely close out investigation report with follow up on all corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Perform commissioning and qualification activities for automation systems including FAT, SATs and validation activities.
- Perform CSV activities for the plant equipment on various control system e.g. time synchronization, disaster recovery, database backup, user access management, periodic review etc.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Control Systems and automation equipment.
- Collaborate with other functional teams such as Manufacturing, Quality, and other functions on cross-functional projects and tech transfer activities e.g. capable of leading continuous improvement projects and initiatives with involvement of other functional teams including directing the activities with external service vendor.
- Develop automation related procedure and work method statement adhering to the requirements specified in quality policies / standards and guidelines.
- Support implementation of OT hardware and infrastructure. Monitor, operate and enhance complex OT infrastructure and industrial control systems of distinctive platforms, including mid-range servers, and desktop computers, and OT equipment.
- Provide hands-on automation support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- Author and create robust test plans and scripts, execute testing, support user acceptance testing, and perform production rollout.
- Support the end user on various software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management.
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Provide 24x7 automation support when needed.
- Interact with system owners and QA to assist in implementation of automation related software and hardware changes, including equipment additions, modifications and/or deletions.
- Ensure cGMP compliance for all automation maintenance activities.
- Ensure timely review of all work order, closing of automation related work order; initiate follow up work order and discrepancy notification as necessary.
- Provide coaching and training to technicians as part of the continuous development, strengthen their technical expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure all work activities are carried out according to site EHS procedures; and in compliance with EHS procedures/standards.
- Ensure audit readiness by complying with effective standards, regulatory/statutory and cGMP requirement to protect product and to prevent major compliance observation.
- Implement routine preventive maintenance programs through CMMS to maximize automation system availability and optimize life-cycle costs.
- Ensure the accurate of data / records of automation activities on CMMS work order.
- Establish and maintain the proper stocking levels of parts and equipment required to provide maximum equipment uptime at the lowest possible costs.
- Responsible for planning of automation activities with various departments to ensure resources, parts and vendors are on site per schedule for maintenance work.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree or Diploma in Automation, Electrical or IT/Computer Science or equivalent qualification with a strong background in Automation and IT/OT system.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in support, design and/or implementation of control systems in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Experience on greenfield and brownfield project with participation on FAT/SAT/IQ/OQ for Automation control system.
- Experience with start-up, commissioning and qualification of various process equipment, including requirements for documentation and testing.
- Must have working knowledge on various control system including Siemens PLC, SCADA and HMI and experience on BMS, EMS and PI implementation is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge on CSV activities and 21CFR requirement.
- Experience on 3rd party communication interface protocol e.g. Profibus-DP, Modbus, OPC, Ethernet IP, etc. will be preferred.
- Capable of troubleshooting issues related to equipment and automation systems
- Experience on workstation, server and infrastructure administration, SQL database and Active Directory (or similar directory services) and setup security function to prevent unauthorized access.
- Able to perform investigation, trouble-shooting, root-cause analysis and solving IT/OT issues when these arise, in a timely manner to ensure the downtime of systems is kept to a minimum and all remediation is carried out in compliance with departmental and company procedures.
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- A strong team player and customer orientated to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- During the start-up phase of the facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up the team and workflow/processes as well as expanded scope as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].