Research Officer / Research Assistant (Microbiology and Fermentation)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Microbiology and Fermentation division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will perform research and process development activities, mainly in area of microbial cell line development for the pilot and large-scale production of recombinant products, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners.
- Conduct experiments under supervision such as mutation and screening of microbial strains.
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as plasmid extraction, polymer chain reaction, cloning, electrophoresis, transformation.
- Media, buffer, supplements and reagents preparation.
- Perform microbial culture in incubator and /or bioreactor to express recombinant biologicals products.
- Be involved and contribute to creation of protocols and technical reports.
- Develop expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts, provide detailed data, results, analyses, and summary reports to supervisors and management, and recommend paths forward based on analysis.
- Be involved in junior lab responsibilities such as inventory management; waste management; monitoring and ordering consumables under supervision.
- Exercise scientific creativity and independent thought and be responsible for imparting knowledge in relation to limited skills or experimental expertise.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with relevant cGMP regulations and site safety requirements.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- Degree or Diploma in Life Sciences or related disciplines; preferably Biotechnology/Molecular biology.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in life-sciences or related laboratory.
- Working experience with microbial cells such as E. coli or P. pastoris.
- Working experience with cloning technology e.g. Gibson-assembly.
- Proven experience in laboratory operations, bench work, experimental design, method and data analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].