Research Officer/Research Assistant (Analytical Development)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Analytical Development team and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will carry out analytical development activities in support of drug substance and product manufacturing and testing. Your work will require close collaboration with the process development scientists and manufacturing team.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, occasional Changi
Reporting to: Scientist, Analytical Development
- Carry out Analytical Development experiments including synthesis, purification and analytical lab work.
- Support the develop and validation of analytical methods, instruments and tools.
- Prepare high quality written experimental reports and analytical test reports, and present to supervisors including proactively recommend paths forward based on analysis.
- Be involved and contribute to creation of protocols and technical reports.
- Support the technology transfer of analytical methods to downstream teams, such as QC department or applicable operating department, including provision of necessary training.
- Assist in lab duties and administrative work including procurement, record keeping, maintenance of lab equipment etc.
- Keep up with interest in scientific principles, appreciate the need for detailed analysis and documentation.
- Exercise scientific creativity and independent thought in research & process development.
- Perform tasks in accordance with applicable regulations and site safety requirements.
- Undertake tasks assigned by leaders as and when appropriate.
- Degree in Life Sciences or related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a science laboratory.
- Experience with good laboratory practices (GLP) will be an advantage
- Familiar with biological assays (Western blot, SDS gels, PCRs, ELISA, protein assays etc.) and/or physic-chemical analysis (UV/IR/Raman/MS Spectroscopy, HPLC, LCMS etc.)
- Familiar with cell culture, aseptic technique and analytical method development will be an advantage.
- Ability to plan and perform experiments in an interdisciplinary environment independently and efficiently.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].