Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 20 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1300 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Corporate Functions team and contribute towards the company’s overall mission and objectives. The role’s primary responsibility is to maintain project and service contract ledger and prepare financial statements. You will assist in analysis of contract spent, forecasting and tracking performance, as well as ensure proper accounting treatment and full compliance to relevant accounting standard.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore
Reporting to: CEO
- Responsible for the effective implementation and maintenance of project/cost accounting system for contracts, to provide accurate costs to date and accurate forecasting.
- Actively monitor and manage cash flows and costs relative to revenue at a project/contract level including regular reviews of margins, deadlines and change orders.
- Be involved in implementation of new and improved systems and processes.
- Identify and manage issues and risks associated with each Project/Contract.
- Update actual/planned expenditure profile monthly and forecasts payments from vendors/sub-contractors for monthly invoicing to the customers.
- Analyse and report timely expenditure variances between actuals/forecasts and budget.
- Review and check invoices, work orders and purchase orders to ensure that they are accurate and in line with the project/contract budgets.
- Align the operational staff in tenders and opportunities with financial modelling.
- Maintain sound internal controls and implement Best Practice business processes in Project Management.
- Develop and maintain close communication with the HQ Singapore accounting and controls teams and all key stakeholders for the best financial outcome for the projects/contracts.
- Interface effectively with key external and internal parties, in particular suppliers and Operation personnel.
- Actively encourage continuous improvement and seek opportunities for savings.
- Degree in accounting and professional qualifications are required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant hands-on contract manufacturing and/or project accounting / costing ERP experience and audit experience is required preferably in lifesciences, medtech, foodtech, healthcare, diagnostics, biomedical sector domain.
- Experience in using software such as sap/syspro/oracle is preferred minimum microsoft navision.
- Self-motivated and possessing strong desire to support the operations with excellent communication skills and follow up abilities.
- Ability to work independently with good problem solving and analytical skills is required.
- Able to align and partner effectively with stakeholders and cross-functional personnel.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Positive and proactive outlook and a team player.
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills and able to provide guidance and obtain buy in from all levels of organization.
- Enthusiastic about personal development and career ambitions (successful candidate can look forward to a progressive career within the group; with opportunities to learn and interact with senior management).
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
For other job openings in Esco Lifesciences Group within the respective geographies, kindly refer to corporate website.