Research Scientist, Sequencing
Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
The position will be on a project studying the evolution of cancer genomes during early steps in
carcinogenesis, with the long-term aim to develop personalized peptide therapeutics. Esco Aster is
currently looking for a Research Scientist to support our existing and future sequencing projects. The
ideal candidates should be well-equipped with molecular biology techniques and have a passion for
implementing new technologies into the sequencing workflow to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Set up, plan and establish WES/WGS/RNA-/Ribo-sequencing workflows.
- Perform sample nucleic acid isolation, QC, prepare sequencing libraries, and perform high throughput sequencing.
- Set up SOPs and ensure proper documentation of all processes.
- Ensure all sequencing data are of well quality prior to data analysis.
- Troubleshoot sequencing workflow and improve processes whenever necessary.
- Interact with data scientist and evaluate bioinformatics output.
- Maintain lab equipment & documentation in accordance with quality requirements.
- The successful candidate will have BS in Cell/Molecular/Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biological/Chemical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years lab experience in sequencing, molecular biology, cancer biology or relatedfields.
- Deep understanding of subject areas to include cancer biology, clinical oncology, or immunology with a strong background in tumor biology and application of NGS solutions to clinical samples.
- Extensive hands-on experience with NGS technologies is a must.
- Expertise in processing and analysis of next-generation sequencing data.
- Familiar with lab-based and computational methodologies and platforms used for generating and analyzing high-content NGS data, including nucleus RNA-seq and others.
- Ability to analyse biological data using programming language (eg MATLab, Python, R) is a plus.
- Expertise with a wide range of materials used in genomics, including DNA, RNA, and FFPE materials .
- Working knowledge of DNA hybridization, ligation, fragmentation, endpolishing, PCR, automation using robotics, Agilent Bioanalyzer, nanodrop, qPCR, sterile/clean room techniques, and sample and process tracking is also required.
- Possess a thoughtful and meticulous approach to experimental design and execution.
- Bring scientific rigor and creativity to problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Have a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Possess troubleshooting skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Good verbal communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate Bioinformatics analysis results into new biological insights, propose next experiments, and enable program decisions.
- Possess hands-on programming skills: especially R, Python, Unix & cluster computing environment.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Plotly, RStudio Connect/Shiny, Dash, Spotfire, etc).
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].