Research Officer/Scientist (Downstream Processing) – Viral Vectors
Esco Lifesciences Group, is Singapore’s most globalized life
sciences company, with annual revenues close to SGD 200M and global operations
in over 20 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Esco Aster Pte Ltd is an affiliate of Esco Lifesciences Group and
was first introduced in 2017.
At Esco Aster Pte Ltd, we are a contract development and
manufacturing organization founded and deeply rooted by scientists enabling
fellow scientists to translate their bench work into commercially available
products and services at affordable prices.
The work we do creates a remarkable and lasting impact on our
world. Join us as we redefine healthcare for the current and future generations
One World. One Health.
Primary Job Location: Ayer Rajah, Singapore.
- Work in the CDMO services as a part of the R&D team to develop processes for downstream unit operations for the virus-based vaccines and viral vectors including retrovirus, adeno associated virus, lentivirus etc. domains produced from adherent cell cultures.
- Design, plan, execute, and supervise experimental programs.
- Analyze and interpret experiment data to draw scientific conclusions.
- Perform wet lab activities related to downstream unit operations and associated analytics.
- Train subordinates on downstream techniques and operations.
- Author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Author or review standard operating procedures, instrument operating procedures and other lab related documents.
- Assess and implement new processes and technologies in development scale, ultimately adapting to manufacturing operations.
- Record and document data promptly and accurately maintaining data integrity.
- Assist in non-routine lab duties and administrative activities including, and not limited to procurement, vendor assessment, people management, equipment maintenance, equipment calibration etc.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor or Master’s degree or doctorate in Biological Sciences/(Bio)Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry or related disciplines.
At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a life-sciences or related laboratory working with the downstream purification of vaccines, viral vectors and/or biologics.
Experience in different modes of preparative chromatography (ion exchange, affinity, size exclusion, etc.) using purification skids (AKTA, NGC Bio-Rad etc.).
Experience in small and pilot scale column packing.
Experience in filtration (NFF and TFF) unit operations and bioprocess integration.
Knowledge of protein and molecular analyses, e.g., Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, flow cytometry, Infectious virus assays etc.
Knowledge of technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable.
Proficient in MS office- MS word, MS excel, PowerPoint
Take initiatives, self-starter, research oriented, and able to work with minimum supervision.
Possess good communication and documentation skills.
- Can contribute individually, as well as work efficiently in a dynamic team environment.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].