Procurement Executive (Life Sciences)
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Procurement team and contribute towards the overall site mission and objectives. You will support the site’s GMP operational activities and product release to ensure compliance and meeting of quality requirements.
Primary work location: Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore
- Responsible for all purchasing activities including sourcing, contract negotiation and expediting delivery schedule.
- Coordinating with suppliers and forwarders in shipping and customs processes and procedures related to importation, on timely delivery of materials.
- Material forecasting and planning
- Consolidating purchase orders across different departments for optimal purchase quantities and schedules
- Issuing purchase orders for local and overseas purchases.
- Schedule shipments and logistic arrangements in the most efficient manner
- Ensure all issued PO’s are delivered on time
- Ensure all COA’s, Product Specs, COC’s are in order if necessary
- Work with relevant departments to ensure all vendors are pre-qualified
- Monitor cost reduction and increase for materials purchased.
- Establish and maintain an independent supplier’s performance monitoring systems to ensure compliance with performance & quality standards & maintain close liaison with suppliers.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related disciplines
- Relevant procurement experience in the scientific industry highly preferred
- Good knowledge in shipping practice such as import and export documentation, permit declaration and other relevant documents.
- Familiar with FIFO, FEFO concepts, and COA, COC, Product specification requirements
- Familiar with purchase variances and participate in cost reduction program.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- An independent individual who works well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & analytical skill.
- Proactive, flexible, reliable, self-motivated & organized.
- Can commence work immediately
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].