Bioprocess Scientist (Microbiology and Fermentation)
This job post is currently not available.
Esco Lifesciences Group provides enabling technologies, products and services to the life sciences and healthcare industries, supporting academic research and scientific discoveries, clinical practice, as well as biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. Headquartered in Singapore, Esco has an extensive sales network in over 100 countries, direct sales and service offices in over 24 countries, 8 manufacturing and R&D hubs in the US, Europe, the UK, China, Singapore, Indonesia, and over 1500 employees worldwide.
Esco is poised to benefit from the sustained growth of the healthcare and biopharma industries in Asia and globally. Esco has achieved market leadership in China, and globally, in multiple categories within some of the fastest-growing segments — with China being its largest and fastest growing market. As a Singapore-headquartered company, Esco is a nexus of East and West, bridging technologies, products and talent across the world, with global operations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Physical/Mental Requirements/Work Environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific data and publications.
- Ability to author or review protocols, technical reports and technology transfer documents.
- Ability to author or review standard operating procedures and other related documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to focus.
- Repetitive motions due to certain laboratory techniques.
- Ability to adapt and keep up with rapid changes in a fluid and dynamic environment as this is a rapidly evolving space.
You will be part of Esco Aster’s Microbiology and Fermentation division and contribute to the company’s CDMO mission and objectives. You will perform research and process development activities, mainly in area of microbial cell line development for the pilot and large-scale production of recombinant products, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, clients and partners
- Conduct experiments such as mutation and screening of microbial strains.
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as plasmid extraction, polymer chain reaction, cloning, electrophoresis, transformation.
- Independent operation of pilot and industrial scale fermentation/upstream process equipment following GLP/GMP guidelines and able to troubleshoot operational and equipment issues.
- Identify, recommend and implement process and operational improvements of upstream process while maintaining safe operations.
- Develop scalable chromatographic techniques for the purification of protein candidates.
- Optimize and scale-up purification processes following GLP/GMP guidelines and able to troubleshoot operational and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate technical competence utilizing detailed knowledge of standard analytical techniques in fermentation process development and data analysis.
- Completing required document for SOPs, operational training and safety training.
- Perform microbial culture in incubator and /or bioreactor to express recombinant biologicals products.
- Be involved and contribute to creation of protocols and technical reports.
- Develop expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts, provide detailed data, results, analyses, and summary reports to supervisors and management, and recommend paths forward based on analysis.
- Exercise scientific creativity and independent thought and be responsible for imparting knowledge in relation to limited skills or experimental expertise.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with relevant cGMP regulations and site safety requirements.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned based on project needs.
- PhD in Life Sciences or related disciplines; preferably Biotechnology/Molecular biology.
- Working experience with microbial cells such as E. coli or P. pastoris.
- Working experience with cloning technology e.g. Gibson-assembly.
- Proven experience in laboratory operations, bench work, experimental design, method and data analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to work independently, self-starter, self-motivated and task oriented.
- Good communication skills and able to openly communicate and escalate any relevant issues.
- Strong team player, develop positive relationship with a strong set of interpersonal skills.
- During the start-up phase of the team/facility, be willing to take on expanded role to set up workflow/processes as needed.
- Experience in developing, leading, and maintaining high performing team with strong emphasis on risk assessment whilst being a strong team player to work with both internal and external stakeholders as well as with regulatory.
- Working Experience with Microbial Fermentation (Upstream Bioprocessing), Tangential Flow Filtration and Liquid Chromatography (Downstream Bioprocessing)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in in fermentation operation is preferred.
Apply now by submitting a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].